Yep, that’s right .. I made the switch from a sports bike (well naked sports bike) to a cruiser, and a Harley no-less.
Bye bye Honda Hornet, Hello Harley Davidson FXDF Fatbob.
I did it about two weeks ago, and so far love it. Gobs of torque, much less top speed (although yesterday I did hit 170kph .. on a closed road of course!)
Here’s a bit of a video (taken by the dealership before I bought it)
I’ve already starting adding extras (or had extras added)
- Quick detachable Harley Davidson leather saddlebags.
- Quick detachable Harley Davidson passenger backrest.
- Kuryakyn floor boards (on their way, due on Wednesday).
- Quick detachable Harley Davidson compact screen (on its’ way, due Tuesday).
- Harley Davidson Sundowner seat.
- Willie G hand grips, and Willie G pegs (which will be replaced by the floorboards; came with the bike).
- Lifestyle Imports genuine leather tool bag.
The baffles have been removed from the pipes which gives it a lovely sound (not too loud), and makes the engine rev a bit free-er. Plus I’ve started researching air intake options, plus an ECM remap (once I’ve done the intake).
Even more exciting is the immediate errr, re-ignition of motorcycling enjoyment; I was getting bored with the Hornet (I did have it 10 years). The Hornet definitely lost its’ spark.
Helen and I have already started planning weekend motorbike adventures ! great fun.
And now I guess it’s time for a new forum signature ? Rotund Robert Rider I reckon :)